Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Reading Between the Wines




Cooking for Mr. Latte by Amanda Hesser wet my appetite for literature that tells stories through food. It isn’t enough that most of my day is consumed by thinking about food and wine creations and that my husband and I talk about the details of flavor to ad nauseam for others…. Now my bookshelves could easily be mistaken for a cookbook collection. It is almost a prerequisite that each chapter closes with a recipe to feed my hungry soul.


My latest obsession is Ruth Reichl. I stumbled upon her while trying to find a Young Adult foodie book for my middle school cooking class. Who knew she had such an extensive collection! I began with Tender at the Bone, an entertaining coming of age book about her childhood and the food that acted as mileposts for her young life. Today I am going to the library to check out Garlic and Sapphires (love her titles!), more stories from her time as a food critic for the New York Times. If you want a quick fix of Ruth, check out her blog http://www.ruthreichl.com/words.html!








No comments:

Post a Comment